Midland Agricultural Association is seeking a suitable applicant for the role of Finance Officer on our Executive Committee.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Manage Associations accounts
- Manage all records, data and other documentation for the Association
- Excellent time management skill
- Computer generated financial reporting (MYOB) (computer and program provided)
- Keep track of the Associations income and expenditure to ensure they are kept within budget, and produce financial reports when requested.
- Prepare year-end financial statements
- Issue invoices, Recover outstanding invoices owing to the M.A.A.
- Provide time to attend Executive Committee meetings and present accurate Treasurers Reports
- Be available to work show week on the showgrounds
- Liaise with external auditors for year-end accounts process
- Have an interest in the Campbell Town Show
- Have an excellent communication line going with the Show Administrator, and help Show Administrator, if, or when requested.
The role is a flexible one with varied hours over a 12 month period. We have outlined below a broad idea of what hours will be required.
- Aug – Dec = 2 Hour a month = 10 Hours (to reconcile bank account)
- Jan – July = 1 Hour a week = 30 Hours
- Two Days Prior to show = 8 Hours
- Show Days = 16 Hours
- Two Days After Show = 8 Hours
- 6 Executive meetings 6pm to 9.30pm = 21 Hours (meetings held Campbell Town)
- Executive meeting financial report preparation = 6 X 2 = 18hrs
- Liaison with Show Administrator during the year, help with sponsorship and trade invoicing etc. = 12 Hours
- Liaison with Auditor – 20 Hrs
Total of approx. 140 hours per annum. All hours a flexible except for the show week and Executive meeting attendance.
If you would like to apply for this position or enquire for additional information, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact MAA President, George Gatenby at email@example.com.